Terra Mitica, located in the popular tourist destination of Benidorm, Spain, is an extraordinary theme park that takes visitors on an adventure through the myths and legends of ancient civilizations. With a blend of thrilling rides, captivating shows, and immersive themed areas, Terra Mitica offers an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages. In this article, we will delve into the various aspects of the park that make it a must-visit attraction for any vacation in Benidorm.
Also read: 16 Things to do in Javea
A Journey through Ancient Civilizations
Terra Mitica is divided into five distinct areas, each inspired by the mythology and culture of a different ancient civilization. The themed areas are:
- Egypt: Step into the land of the Pharaohs and explore the iconic monuments and mysterious tombs of ancient Egypt. Be sure to experience the “Nile Waterfall” log flume ride for a thrilling splash!
- Greece: Home to the mighty gods of Olympus, this area features attractions such as the “Inferno” roller coaster and the “Flight of the Phoenix” drop tower. Don’t miss the mesmerizing “Sirens of the Mediterranean” show, where acrobatics and dance bring ancient Greek myths to life.
- Rome: Immerse yourself in the grandeur of the Roman Empire with attractions like the “Magnus Colossus” wooden roller coaster and the “Rapids of Argos” river ride. Witness epic gladiator battles at the “Circus Maximus” arena show.
- Iberia: Discover the rich history and folklore of the Iberian Peninsula with attractions such as the “Laberinto del Minotauro” dark ride and the “Cú Chulainn” spinning coaster.
- The Islands: Embark on a voyage through the legendary islands of the Mediterranean, including Sicily and Sardinia. Highlights include the “Synkope” swinging ride and the “Tornado” topsy-turvy coaster.
Thrilling Rides and Attractions
Terra Mitica is home to a diverse range of attractions, catering to thrill-seekers and families alike. From adrenaline-pumping roller coasters to gentler rides for younger visitors, there is something for everyone. In addition to the rides mentioned above, the park also features a variety of classic amusement park attractions such as Ferris wheels, carousels, and bumper cars. See pictures from Terra Mitica in Benidorm
Captivating Live Shows
One of Terra Mitica’s standout features is its array of live entertainment. The park’s talented performers bring the myths and legends of ancient civilizations to life through a variety of shows, including acrobatics, dance, and even thrilling stunt performances. The high-quality productions are sure to leave a lasting impression on visitors of all ages.
Dining and Shopping
Terra Mitica offers a wide selection of dining options to suit every taste, from casual fast food to sit-down restaurants with Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. In addition, visitors can shop for souvenirs and gifts at the park’s various themed stores, each offering a unique selection of merchandise inspired by the ancient civilizations.
How to get to Terra Mitica from Javea
Getting from Javea to Terra Mitica in Benidorm is a relatively simple journey, covering a distance of approximately 52 kilometers. The journey can be completed by car, public transportation, or taxi. Here are the directions and options for each method:
- Start from Javea and head towards the CV-735 road in the direction of Gata de Gorgos.
- Continue on CV-735 until you reach the N-332 road.
- Turn right onto N-332 and continue southbound, following signs for Benidorm.
- As you approach Benidorm, take exit 65A from the AP-7 motorway.
- Merge onto the Avenida Comunidad Valenciana and follow signs for Terra Mitica.
- Turn right onto Avenida Alcalde Eduardo Zaplana Hernández-Soro and continue until you see the entrance to Terra Mitica on your right.
The journey by car typically takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
By Public Transportation:
- From Javea, take the ALSA bus line towards Benidorm. The bus station in Javea is located at Avenida del Pla, 122. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once in Benidorm, disembark at the Benidorm bus station (Estación de Autobuses de Benidorm).
- From the bus station, you can either take a taxi or another local bus to Terra Mitica. If you choose to take the bus, the Llorente Bus line 21 is available, which stops near the entrance of Terra Mitica. The journey by bus takes approximately 25 minutes.
You can also opt for a taxi to travel directly from Javea to Terra Mitica in Benidorm. The journey will take around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions. Keep in mind that taking a taxi can be more expensive than the other options, but it offers more flexibility and comfort. It’s advisable to request a quote from the taxi company beforehand to avoid surprises with the fare.
Regardless of your chosen mode of transportation, always double-check the timetables and routes as they may change or be affected by holidays and local events.
Terra Mitica Benidorm provides an unparalleled adventure through the myths and legends of the ancient world, with its blend of exhilarating rides, immersive themed areas, and captivating live shows. A visit to this theme park promises an unforgettable experience for the whole family, making it an essential addition to any itinerary in Benidorm.