Aqua Natura, situated in the bustling tourist destination of Benidorm, Spain, is a fantastic water park that offers an exciting and refreshing escape for visitors of all ages. Spread across 40,000 square meters, Aqua Natura boasts an impressive variety of attractions, including thrilling water slides, relaxing pools, and interactive play areas. In this article, we’ll explore the different aspects of Aqua Natura that make it a must-visit destination for any family vacation in Benidorm.
Also read: 16 Things to do in Javea
A Splash of Adventure for Everyone
Aqua Natura offers a wide range of attractions to suit every preference, ensuring a fun-filled day for the entire family. Here are some of the park’s most popular features:
- Water Slides: For the thrill-seekers, Aqua Natura boasts several exciting water slides, including the heart-pounding “La Cresta” slide, the high-speed “Kamikaze” slides, and the winding “Black Hole.”
- Wave Pool: The park’s massive wave pool, Zorba Beach, offers visitors the chance to experience the excitement of the ocean waves, complete with a sandy beach area for sunbathing and relaxation.
- Children’s Play Area: Aqua Natura is perfect for young children, with its dedicated play area that features smaller slides, splash zones, and interactive water games. The “Adventure Island” area is designed for kids to explore and have fun in a safe and supervised environment.
- Lazy River: For those who prefer a more relaxing experience, the park’s Lazy River allows visitors to float leisurely along a winding waterway, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation.
- Sunbathing Areas and Jacuzzis: Aqua Natura offers plenty of space for visitors to unwind, with comfortable sun loungers, shady spots, and refreshing Jacuzzis scattered throughout the park.
Sealife Experience and Education
In addition to the exciting water attractions, Aqua Natura also features a fascinating Sealife Experience, where visitors can get up close and personal with a variety of marine creatures, including sea lions, rays, and tropical fish. The park offers educational programs and live demonstrations, allowing guests to learn more about these incredible animals and their natural habitats. The Sea Lion Experience, for example, provides visitors with the unique opportunity to interact with these playful creatures, while the educational talks and feeding sessions provide valuable insight into the lives of these fascinating marine animals.
Dining and Amenities
Aqua Natura offers a selection of dining options to keep visitors energized throughout the day. From fast food outlets serving burgers and hot dogs to ice cream stands and snack bars, there’s something to satisfy every craving. Additionally, the park provides various amenities, such as lockers, changing rooms, and a gift shop, ensuring a comfortable and convenient experience for all guests.
How to get to Aqua Natura from Javea
Getting from Javea to Aqua Natura in Benidorm is relatively straightforward, covering a distance of approximately 53 kilometers. The journey can be completed by car, public transportation, or taxi. Here are the directions and options for each method:
- Start from Javea and head towards the CV-735 road in the direction of Gata de Gorgos.
- Continue on CV-735 until you reach the N-332 road.
- Turn right onto N-332 and continue southbound, following signs for Benidorm.
- As you approach Benidorm, take exit 65A from the AP-7 motorway.
- Merge onto the Avenida Comunidad Valenciana and follow signs for Terra Natura and Aqua Natura.
- Turn right onto Avenida de la Comunidad Europea and continue until you see the entrance to Terra Natura and Aqua Natura on your left.
The journey by car typically takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
By Public Transportation:
- From Javea, take the ALSA bus line towards Benidorm. The bus station in Javea is located at Avenida del Pla, 122. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Once in Benidorm, disembark at the Benidorm bus station (Estación de Autobuses de Benidorm).
- From the bus station, you can either take a taxi or another local bus to Aqua Natura. If you choose to take the bus, the Llorente Bus line 1 is available, which stops near the entrance of Aqua Natura. The journey by bus takes approximately 15 minutes.
You can also opt for a taxi to travel directly from Javea to Aqua Natura in Benidorm. The journey will take around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions. Keep in mind that taking a taxi can be more expensive than the other options, but it offers more flexibility and comfort. It’s advisable to request a quote from the taxi company beforehand to avoid surprises with the fare.
Regardless of your chosen mode of transportation, always double-check the timetables and routes as they may change or be affected by holidays and local events.
Aqua Natura Benidorm is the perfect destination for families seeking a day of aquatic fun and adventure. With its diverse range of attractions, educational programs, and comfortable amenities, the park promises an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker looking for adrenaline-pumping slides or a family with young children seeking a safe and exciting day out, Aqua Natura has something for everyone.