Situated in the picturesque town of Villajoyosa in the province of Alicante, Spain, the Valor Chocolate Factory – Museum offers a unique and immersive journey into the enchanting world of chocolate. As one of the oldest and most revered chocolate manufacturers in Spain, Chocolates Valor provides visitors with a fascinating insight into the art and science of chocolate making, from its humble origins to the refined, decadent treat we know and love today.
Also read: 16 things to do in Javea
A Legacy of Excellence
The Valor Chocolate Factory – Museum is the legacy of a company that has been creating high-quality chocolates since 1881. With over 140 years of expertise, Valor has evolved while preserving the traditional methods of chocolate making. The museum is housed within the same complex as the functioning Valor Chocolate Factory, adding an authentic backdrop to the rich history being narrated.
A Journey Through Chocolate History
The tour of the Valor Chocolate Museum offers visitors a comprehensive look into the history of chocolate, tracing its origins back to the ancient civilizations of Central America. Through engaging exhibits and interactive displays, visitors can learn about the cultural significance of cacao in Mayan and Aztec societies and its journey to Europe in the hands of Spanish explorers.
The museum also showcases the evolution of chocolate manufacturing, highlighting the transformation of raw cacao beans into delicious chocolate. Detailed displays explain the roasting, grinding, and conching processes, along with the advancements in technology that have revolutionized the industry.
Behind the Scenes of Valor
One of the unique aspects of the Valor Chocolate Museum is the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at the chocolate-making process in action. Large viewing windows into the factory allow visitors to witness the meticulous craftsmanship and state-of-the-art machinery that go into creating Valor’s wide range of products, from their classic pure chocolate bars to their popular hot chocolate blends.
Tasting the Magic
No visit to a chocolate museum would be complete without a tasting, and the Valor Chocolate Museum does not disappoint. Visitors have the chance to sample a variety of Valor’s exquisite chocolates, experiencing the rich flavors and smooth textures that have made Valor a household name in Spain and beyond. For many, this tasting session is the highlight of the tour, allowing them to appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship that goes into every piece of Valor chocolate.
The Valor Shop
To round off the visit, guests can stop by the Valor Shop, which offers a wide selection of Valor’s chocolates and related products. From their signature dark chocolates to their creamy milk chocolates and specialty items, there’s something to satisfy every chocolate lover’s cravings.
How to get to Valor Chocolate Factory from Javea
The Valor Chocolate Factory, known officially as Museo del Chocolate Valor, is located in Villajoyosa, approximately 75 kilometers from Javea. You can reach the factory by car in about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Starting Point Javea: Begin your trip from Avenida del Mediterráneo in Javea, a common starting point in the town.
- Get onto AP-7: Head west on Avenida del Mediterráneo toward Carrer de la Grava. Take a slight left onto Carrer de la Grava and then a sharp right onto Carrer Sant Antoni. Turn left onto Carrer Príncep d’Astúries. Continue straight onto Ronda Nord. Continue straight onto Avenida de Ondara/N-332. Follow the N-332 and use the right 2 lanes to take the ramp onto AP-7.
- Follow AP-7 to Villajoyosa: You will need to follow AP-7 for approximately 60 km. Take exit 66 toward Villajoyosa/N-332/Finestrat/Benidorm Levante.
- Get onto CV-767: Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto CV-767 (signs for La Villajoyosa). At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Av. de Finestrat/CV-767. Continue to follow CV-767.
- Arrive at Valor Chocolate Factory: Follow the CV-767 until you reach Avinguda del Pais Valencià in Villajoyosa. You should be able to see the Valor Chocolate Factory on this street.
Remember that a GPS or a reliable navigation system is recommended for your journey, as road conditions and traffic can change. Additionally, check the factory’s opening hours and any potential closures before you leave.
The Valor Chocolate Factory – Museum provides an immersive and educational experience that delights all the senses. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a budding chocolatier, or simply a chocolate lover, this museum offers a fascinating journey through the world of chocolate, complete with a sweet ending. A visit to the Valor Chocolate Factory – Museum is truly a celebration of the rich heritage, craft, and flavor of Valor Chocolates, and a testament to Spain’s love affair with this delectable treat.