Parque Lo Morant, located in the vibrant city of Alicante, Spain, offers residents and visitors alike a serene and picturesque escape from the bustling urban landscape. This expansive green space, with its lush foliage, winding pathways, and diverse recreational offerings, serves as a haven for nature lovers, families, and fitness enthusiasts. In this article, we delve into the history, attractions, and experiences that make Parque Lo Morant a must-visit destination for those seeking relaxation and recreation in Alicante.
Also read: 16 things to do in Javea
Parque Lo Morant was created in the late 20th century as part of the city’s efforts to increase green spaces and improve the quality of life for its residents. The park was named in honor of José Morant, a prominent Alicante architect who played a significant role in the city’s urban planning during the 1950s and 1960s. Over the years, Parque Lo Morant has evolved into a beloved community space that offers a wide range of amenities and activities for visitors of all ages.
Attractions and Experiences
Parque Lo Morant boasts a variety of attractions and experiences that cater to different interests and preferences, including:
- Scenic Landscapes: The park features a diverse array of flora and fauna, creating a verdant and serene environment for visitors to explore. The meticulously maintained gardens, meandering pathways, and shaded areas provide a picturesque setting for leisurely strolls, picnics, or quiet contemplation.
- Recreational Facilities: Parque Lo Morant offers an array of recreational facilities, including sports fields, basketball and tennis courts, a running track, and a children’s playground. These amenities cater to visitors of all ages and fitness levels, making the park a popular destination for exercise and play.
- Cultural and Social Events: Throughout the year, Parque Lo Morant hosts various cultural and social events, such as outdoor concerts, art exhibitions, and community gatherings. These events provide visitors with an opportunity to engage with local culture and connect with fellow residents and travelers.
- Pergola and Amphitheater: The park’s elegant pergola and amphitheater serve as focal points for outdoor performances, providing a unique and picturesque setting for concerts, theatrical productions, and other events.
- Educational Programs: Parque Lo Morant offers a range of educational programs and workshops, focused on topics such as gardening, environmental conservation, and local flora and fauna. These activities aim to foster a greater appreciation and understanding of the natural world, while promoting sustainable practices and community engagement.
Visiting Parque Lo Morant
Parque Lo Morant is open to the public year-round and is easily accessible by foot, car, or public transportation from Alicante’s city center. The park’s expansive green spaces, diverse recreational offerings, and tranquil atmosphere make it an ideal destination for relaxation, exercise, and cultural exploration. Whether you’re a local resident seeking a peaceful retreat or a traveler looking to experience the city’s natural beauty, Parque Lo Morant offers a refreshing and invigorating escape amidst the urban landscape of Alicante.
How to get to Parque Lo Morant from Javea
General route for getting from Javea to Parque Lo Morant in Alicante by car. Please remember that road conditions can change, and it’s always a good idea to use real-time GPS navigation for the most accurate information.
- Start from Javea: Begin on Av de la Fontana heading southeast.
- Merge onto CV-734: Continue on Av de la Fontana. Take Carrer de la Toscamar and Avinguda dels Furs to CV-734.
- Get on AP-7 from CV-735 and N-332: Turn right onto CV-734. Continue on CV-735. Take Av de Ultramar and Camí Cabanes to N-332 in Gata de Gorgos. Follow N-332 and Camí Vell d’Altea to AP-7 in Benissa.
- Follow AP-7 to Av de Dénia in Alicante: Merge onto AP-7. Keep right to stay on AP-7. Keep right at the Y junction to continue on Exit 67, follow signs for A-70/Alicante/Valencia and merge onto A-70. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 6-Alicante/Glorieta toward Alicante/Glorieta/Av de Dénia.
- Drive to Carrer de Foguerer José Ángel Guirao: Continue on Av de Dénia. Take Av de Alfonso X El Sabio, Av de la Constitución, Av de Novelda and Calle de Caja de Ahorros to Carrer de Foguerer José Ángel Guirao in Alicante.
- Arrive at Parque Lo Morant: Parque Lo Morant is located at Carrer de Foguerer José Ángel Guirao, 03015 Alicante.
This journey should take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, although this can vary depending on traffic and the time of day. Always remember to check current road conditions and local traffic regulations before setting out on your journey.
Parque Lo Morant is a charming and tranquil oasis in the heart of Alicante, providing residents and visitors with a diverse array of recreational, cultural, and educational experiences. From its picturesque gardens and winding pathways to its sports facilities and engaging events, the park offers a welcoming and rejuvenating haven for nature lovers, families, and fitness enthusiasts alike. A visit to Parque Lo Morant promises a delightful and enriching experience that showcases the beauty, community spirit, and vibrant culture of Alicante.